I've finally finished the Easy NewLook 6849 tunic. This is an old pattern that I had in my bin. I didn't find it easy as stated on the pattern. It also took me longer than I wanted to finish but I realized that the reason for this was because I was getting a bit discourage during the process. After all, I had joined a couple of challenges one of which I wasn't supposed to buy any ready to wear clothing and I just made one tunic. The problems that I encountered with this pattern had to do with the long darts on the back, and setting the sleeves. The pattern called for a side zipper but I omitted the zipper. In addition, I realized too late as I read different blogs that you should match bold prints. This didn't even occur to me when I cut out the fabric so the tunic reflects that. In conclusion, I am happy I finished it and am looking forward to working on something more simple like a loose-fitting, sleeveless pullover top. After all, I need more tops. See pictures below.